Make sure you are getting a quality finished product by your stone fabricator.
Just some quick tips about choosing your fabricator.
-The lowest price is not the safest course. Beware! These are generally fly by night shops that are not around for long. Stone is not cheap for a reason, it requires a lot of labour to make sure it is done correctly.
-Discuss with your fabricator the pros and cons of the products you are choosing to ensure you are getting something well suited to your needs.
-Always ask questions to make sure you understand what you are getting into and read the contract.
– Any current lawsuits against the company? You may be surprised how many companies have pending lawsuits for bad workmanship.
- Low pressure sales
- Able to communicate with you easily
- Educated about the product you are receiving
- Went over seam placement if needed
- Template was made to your specifications
- Not Chinese/Indian Quartz Or Stone-Beware of these!
- Surface free of any obvious voids or cracks not common with an “A” grade stone
- Edges are smooth
- Bottoms are smoothed
- Chip free edge
- Edges polished correctly and not hazy
- Sink cutout is smooth and correct shape
- Seam is as tight as possible with minimal lippage
- Grain Matched seams. The grain should flow and not change direction or be a different color
- Sink mounted properly either with wood blocks or clips. Never with epoxy
- Backsplash cut and fit properly
- Sealed with a quality sealer
- All edges that required caulking are done correctly
- Cleaned up after install
- Explained how to maintain your product
- All questions addressed
- Good customer service
- Stand behind their product